When You Should Wash Hands
· Before, during and after preparing food.
· Before eating food.
· After using the restroom.
· After blowing your nose, sneezing or coughing.
· After handling pets, pet food, or pet waste.
· After touching garbage.
· Before treating a cut or wound.
The Right Way to Wash Your Hands
· Wet your hands with clean running water first and then apply soap.
· Rub your hands together to create a foamy lather and make sure to scrub them well. This means scrubbing in between your fingers and on your nails.
· Continue rubbing your hands for at least 20 seconds.
· Rinse your hands under running water.
Remember, washing your hands is very important to your health and others! Make sure to follow these guidelines to ensure you stay as healthy as possible.
Hand Washing Game: http://globalhandwashing.org/ghw/
Hand washing YouTube Video: http://youtu.be/tmMGwO4N0Vc