Here are some great safety tips to ensure you and your loved ones enjoy ringing in the New Year:
· If you plan on drinking, please make sure you have a designated driver. Even if you have only had a couple drinks, it is never a good idea to drive. Practice safety first!
· If you will be attending a party or an event where there will be a lot of people, never let your drink out of your sight. You never know if someone will tamper with your drink so keep it in your sight or in your hands at all times.
· If you live in a city, then you most likely cannot use fireworks due to safety issues and hazards. Why not leave the fireworks to the professionals and go see a display put on in your local area?
· Safety is always in numbers so whatever you decide to do, make sure you are not alone. Staying in groups will ensure you have a great evening!
· If you have pets, bring them inside tonight because fireworks can be very frightening for them.
· And of course, remember to have fun! And if you find yourself in an emergency, please do not hesitate to contact 9-1-1.
Cell Phone Sally wishes you a Happy New Year! May 2015 be memorable for you as well as for 9-1-1 public education- Cheers!