· Make sure your kids as well as you are knowledgeable on how 9-1-1 works as well as when and when not to call 9-1-1. You can check out one of our previous blogs here that provides this information: http://cellphonesally.blogspot.com/2012/12/how-9-1-1-works.html
· Strive to be healthy! Keep doctor check-ups and vaccinations up-to-date. Your health is very important so make sure to get flu shots and yearly exams. You can ask your health care provider for any suggestions on tests or exams you should get to guarantee you’re living a strong, healthy life.
· Manage Stress Better! It is important to keep a healthy balance in life. Try not to over-commit. This can easily lead to getting sick. Remember to manage your time well and most importantly, stay positive and take time for you when you need to relax.
· Prevent injuries and put Safety first! Being alert and aware of your surroundings is always important to your well being. Make sure to look both ways before crossing the street, know your location and be prepared for anything. Parents should also discuss fire safety and with children during the cold months of the year. Never leave fireplaces, candles or stoves unattended.
· Stay Active! Keeping our bodies moving is important to our health. This can be as simple as walking for 30 minutes three times a week. Whatever your workout of choice, incorporate it into your daily life and better yet, get the whole family involved in fun activities that keep everyone active.
Cell Phone Sally would like to wish everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year!